Facing Our DisappointmentsSeries: Facing Life's Storms
The second lesson in David Banning's series on "Facing Life's Storms." From 2 Corinthians 12:1-10.
"Suffering doesn't discriminate. It can strike anyone, anywhere, anytime."
The reasons why we suffer aren't simple, and we shouldn't try to simplify them. Before I decide that God has let me down, I need to consider:
- My expectations
- The consequences of free will
- What's my part in my troubles?
- God's timetable (such as with Joseph, who was up in Egypt as many as 13 years before he started to learn God's plan for him)
- God's agenda (such as in Job 1-2, where we see the curtain drawn back on what's really going on)
- The bigger picture (what God does for us compared to what we suffer--Romans 8:18)